Application Development: SuiteScript
Flexible Customization without Limits
SuiteScript allows developers and administrators to create flexible business logic within NetSuite tailored to specific business needs—from sophisticated business processes to entirely new applications.
- Standards-based scripting language speeds developer productivity
- Flexibility to customize NetSuite to meet ongoing industry and business needs
- Built-in debugging capabilities enable robust application development
- Multiple scripting models include event-based, scheduled, client scripting and more.
Flexible Scripting Models to Support Customization Needs
- User-event scripts can be triggered when users work with records and data changes in NetSuite such as when opening, editing or saving records
- Suitelets provide the power to create dynamic user interfaces using server-side logic
- Scheduled scripts allow SuiteScript logic to run as part of a schedule, to process records such as aging invoices or imported data
- Client scripts can be used to easily validate user-entered data within the user's browser, run logic when a field selection changes or perform any other processing on the fly
- Portlet scripts enable easy definition and publishing of custom dashboard content and even enable external data-feeds on NetSuite dashboards via RSS, HTML and more
- RESTlets provide new integration possibilities, including building mobile applications
- A bundle installation script, a specialized server SuiteScript is executed automatically in target accounts when a bundle is installed, updated, or uninstalled.
- Workflow action scripts can be easily launched from NetSuite's SuiteFlow workflow management tools to embed complex business logic within workflows.
Powerful Debugging Capabilities
- Web-based interactive debugger allows validation and testing of SuiteScript code
- Provides a powerful debugging toolset with controlled code execution such as step in, out and over as well as execution logs, resolution of local variables, watches and break points
- Supports testing of ad hoc code fragments or specifically debugging user event, scheduled, portlet or Suitelet scripts
- Debug applications within a sandbox environment and migrate to production, or debug in real time within the live environment.