Oracle Cloud Infrastructure blends all of the advantages of the public cloud with the control, security, and predictability of on-prem infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability, and cost-effective infrastructure services.
Designed to take on the most demanding workloads, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines compute, networking, storage, database, connectivity, and governance to create a complete, reliable technology ecosystem—all in the cloud.
As the next generation of NetSuite service delivery, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure allows us to automatically and programmatically allocate compute resources, storage, the database, and the network. It was built for Oracle's largest customers to run the hardest pieces of their applications, so they don’t have to.
Supporting both database- and Java-driven applications (NetSuite is both!), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines multiple availability domains allowing for the performance that enterprises need with strong availability guarantees.
5 Ways NetSuite Benefits from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure allow us to leverage the thousands of developers and operations personnel that are working on the platform today. So, as a foundation of our service, we get all of the advantage of the work that these technology gurus do on a daily basis.
- We also benefit from the improvements in efficiency, reliability, performance, and security that the very “elastic” Oracle Cloud Infrastructure was built upon. As a result, NetSuite can continuously deploy infrastructure (i.e., when we need a new computer, we can call the API and turn it on—simple as that).
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s built-in resilience ensures unsurpassed continuity of service. This allows Oracle to provide the performance that enterprises need with world-class uptime guaranteed.
- The platform also provides revolutionary improvements, and not only in how the customer-facing portions of the service are delivered. It also positively impacts our engineers’ ability to test and iterate on the service before the NetSuite platform is delivered to the customer.
- Finally, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is global, and continues to expand. Thanks to its broad geographic coverage, NetSuite can take advantage of the infrastructure’s global footprint to follow our customers as we expand around the globe (and as an added bonus, we can also leverage the massive investment that Oracle is making in the infrastructure).
Stay Tuned, There’s More to Come
I’ve personally witnessed a lot of changes over my time at NetSuite but Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is a game changer. I couldn’t be more excited. Stay tuned.