Services organizations are always looking for ways to optimize their project management processes to drive higher profits. Their goal: deliver projects on time, maximize efficiency and drive growth. This requires tools and processes that can automate operations and improve visibility into all aspects of the business.
With NetSuite OpenAir 2021 Release 1, services organizations can help service delivery teams better focus on core project components, like managing bookings from a single screen and simplifying workflows. This release also features ongoing enhancements to the user experience with redesigned list views in the administration module, improved reporting capabilities as well as mobile enhancements.
User Experience: Redesigned List Views
With this release, NetSuite OpenAir optimizes the way organizations look at projects, enhancing the platform so that you can work faster with the newly updated list views, administration module setting screens and new screen header and tab navigation.
- In this release, more list views received a makeover in the global settings; Projects - under the organization tab and employees under the users tab now have a simpler look for better usability.
- The Administration module received more list view redesign enhancements for faster navigation and greater visibility.
- Remodeled record header and in record tab navigation is available for resource requests to make for a faster and more consistent user experience.
- Dropdown options and filter settings also get more flexibility, so you can now refine column filters and dropdowns.
Project Center: Simplify Project Management from a Single Screen
In OpenAir 2021 Release 1 users can more easily manage project bookings in the project center. The project center will now become one of the main screens that project managers will use to drive their ongoing projects. NetSuite has made enhancements to include as much information as possible without overwhelming the screen. A new Gantt chart provides an easier view and streamlined management of projects and tasks. Enhancements include:
- Bookings can now be deleted directly from the project center.
- Users can now evaluate form permissions, form rules and form scripts for each booking record. This increases visibility across the project and will notify users of any errors that occur.
- Key information on booking rows: total booked hours, start and finish dates, and grouped bookings are also now visible for increased awareness on projects so that users can manage their projects from one location.
- Changes on group bookings row now changes all bookings in the group to eliminate additional work and allow for a more efficient experience when managing projects.
NetSuite Connector: Enhanced Workflows for Increased Customization
NetSuite OpenAir 2021 Release 1 has extended the data that the NetSuite Connector tool can access through NetSuite and OpenAir. Users can now set up custom workflows and mapping for greater flexibility and visibility. Custom mapping can now be done just like standard mapping for simplicity and can be integrated to run manually, set to schedules or triggered by scripting. Administrators can now assign permissions and delete workflows from the workflow list while improvements to the import and export administration section now aligns with the workflow menu.
Mobile: Quickly View Time Entry Details form Anywhere
NetSuite OpenAir 2021 Release 1 also allows organizations to take advantage of the enhanced timesheets features with OpenAir Mobile 3.0 and 3.2. With the latest versions of the iPhone (3.2) and Android 3.0 app, you can now:
- Get a quick overview of time entries in the timesheet list view.
- Gain a detailed view of time entries in the timesheet calendar view.
- Add or modify multiple time entries at the same time for improved project performance.
- Group time entries by project or task using timecards for enhanced flexibility.
These are just a few of the highlights in OpenAir 2021 Release 1. For more information on the full list of features and how to use them, be sure to check out the 2021 Release 1 notes and the 2021 release 1 new feature webinar.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, timing, and pricing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products may change and remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.