Now, mid-sized companies have a turnkey, on-demand solution for managing even the most complex ecommerce sites. The new set of NetSuite advanced features support globalisation, multiple Web stores and companies/subsidiaries Additionally, NetSuite brings its expertise in business process customisation to meet the specific needs of larger, more complex businesses and their industry requirements. And all of these features are tied automatically and seamlessly with NetSuite's powerful integrated CRM/ERP business applications suite.
NetSuite Meets the Complex Ecommerce Needs of the Mid-Market
- Business Process Customisation
- Sophisticated Customer Promotion
- Multi-site, Globalisation
- Embedded Site Intelligence
- Superior Usability
Limitations in traditional software have forced most mid-sized companies to
build ecommerce capabilities from scratch. Applications
such as Microsoft Great Plains and Sage were designed
a decade before the rise of the Internet. As a result,
it is very difficult and costly to extend them to support
ecommerce for a Web business. New applications from
vendors such as Venda and Demandware are designed specifically
to build ecommerce websites, but result in isolated,
bolt-on systems that are difficult to integrate into
core business processes and applications. In fact, NetSuite
provides for more ecommerce and business management
capabilities than other vendors for a fraction of the
Multiple Site/Multiple Company: NetSuite is the first and only software platform to enable management of a company's multiple websites/Web stores, with multiple languages and multiple currencies centrally in a single account.
- Multiple websites: Users can publish different websites from a single NetSuite account each with its own products, domain name, and look and feel. Each site offers shoppers a distinct password-protected customer self-service center, where shoppers can review purchases, track packages, and correspond with the company. (New in NetSuite 2007)
- Multi-language: Users can display their website in multiple languages. Users can translate every page, every field and every button into a nearly unlimited number of languages. Shoppers will see a drop-down with the names of the languages users display in. As soon as they choose a new language, the entire website is translated to that language. NetSuite has already translated the generic website content (page names, field names, error messages) into the following languages: Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.
- Multi-currency: Users can sell their goods in multiple currencies. Shoppers can choose their currency on the website, and complete the transaction in the currency of their choice. The merchant can either automatically convert their prices into foreign currencies using a currency conversion rate, or can set specific product prices for each currency.
- Multi-payment: Consumers can pay with credit cards or via Paypal. Businesses (B2B) can pay via invoice, purchasing card, credit card and even Paypal.
Customer Promotion: NetSuite has delivered cutting edge tools that give companies the Amazon.com-like functionality that help define leadership of their segment.
- Automated Upsell/Cross-sell: Based on powerful, always-running mathematical algorithms, NetSuite now enables companies to display automatic upsell and cross-sell recommendations based on what similar customers have purchased.
- B2C Promotional Tools: NetSuite provides the promotional tools shoppers expect in today's leading ecommerce sites including gift certificates, item coupons, a shipping cost estimator before they reach checkout, minimum order quantity, e-mail page to a friend, free shipping if users buy item x, and the ship complete order option.
Electronic Product Distribution: NetSuite extends its existing ability to sell both products and services online with the addition of Electronic File/Software delivery. Users can download files and/or software, whether for a purchase or a free download. If the downloaded file requires the customer to enter a license code, you can enter the license code into the NetSuite record and NetSuite will display the code to the customer.
Additional Site Search Tools: NetSuite makes it simple to find out exactly what visitors to a website are searching for and how often with the Internal Search report. New reporting tells how many results are being returned for each query, and highlights the queries that are returning zero results. Users can also analyze how many querying visitors ended up becoming customers, and how much they purchased.
Site Appearance Themes: NetSuite matches users' Web design abilities with tools complementing their level of sophistication. NetSuite presents new Site Theme and Category Theme templates ready out-of-the-box. These themes are a great way to jumpstart an ecommerce site and when ready, users can view the HTML of the templates and further customize them in any way they choose.
Website Creation & Management Assistants: New website creation management tools empower mere mortals to manage ecommerce with the sophistication of their larger counterparts.
- Website Setup Assistant: NetSuite makes it quick and easy to build a website from scratch with a four-step Assistant that takes care of all the difficult parts of setting up a website. The assistant walks users through setting up a Web address, choosing and previewing the appearance of their website, customizing the home page, and creating the top-level categories for their website. (New in NetSuite 2007)
- Website Content Manager: Users can manage all of their website page creation and editing from the new Manager task. The Manager displays a tree view of all the pages in a website, and allows users to view or edit any of the pages by clicking on the page name. Users can create new pages, and drag-drop them into their location of choice. Users can also search through all of their Web pages, or view their uncategorised pages. (New in NetSuite 2007)
- Matrix Items Assistant: Users can easily create products for sale which have various attributes such as size or color. The Assistant allows users to specify the attributes that each product needs to track. Each attribute combination can have different pricing and inventory levels. (New in NetSuite 2007)
The seamless integration of NetSuite and eBay allows you to easily sell on eBay, on your own web stores, and offline — and to unite your ecommerce operations with all other business operations, from the front-office to the back-office. Now you can manage your entire business more effectively in real time, including inventory management, warehouse management, fulfillment, accounting, direct sales, telesales, CRM, email marketing, keyword marketing, business intelligence, and more.
eBay listings are managed centrally in NetSuite with easy-to-use interfaces — and all orders resulting from auctions flow seamlessly back into NetSuite for processing. Fulfillment and tracking are managed within NetSuite via built-in inventory; pick, pack, and ship; and UPS and FedEx tools.
To Learn More:
- See more details about NetSuite's integration with eBay
- See more details about NetSuite for Ecommerce Companies