Optimise Inventory Management and Streamline Supply Chain Processes
Managing demand planning with spreadsheets often results in inaccurate and untimely forecasts. You can end up with too much inventory, suffer costly stockouts, alienate customers and waste money on emergency shipments. NetSuite's demand planning capability puts you on the fast track to best-in-class inventory management and lean business operations.
Purchasing and inventory managers can calculate demand based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends and seasonal fluctuations. NetSuite demand planning gives you full flexibility and control in setting timeframes, preferred stock levels and other parameters, while offering built-in functionality to help you streamline and automate select tasks. Close the loop by generating supply plans, creating and executing purchase and work orders in a seamless workflow.
Because NetSuite demand planning is completely integrated with NetSuite financials and CRM, you can tie demand and supply planning to critical processes to run a leaner business with higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- Increase top-line revenue through a better understanding of the demand for top-selling items
- Optimise inventory levels to anticipated demand, and minimise stockouts and overstocks
- Reduce cost, risk, lost sales and delays while improving customer satisfaction
- Improve productivity by eliminating manual work and closely tying sales forecasts to demand
- Streamline and accelerate supply-side processes with automated purchase and work orders
- Meet the challenges of even the most complex demand planning scenarios.
Calculate Demand Plans with Historical Data or Sales Forecasts
- Allow users to select items to calculate demands projections on a per-location basis
- Flexibly choose parameters for projection methods (historical data, sales forecasts, average trends, seasonal fluctuations) and time intervals (weeks or months)
- View, customise and manipulate demand plan results on the fly to meet changing business needs
- Generate demand plans based on preferred stock levels set on a company or per-item basis.
Calculate Supply Plans and Automatically Generate Purchase or Work Orders
- Work with purchase and work orders recommended based on parameters set in an item record, such as re-order point and lead time
- Empower users to establish or modify calculation methods and criteria governing purchase and work order creation and execution
- Account for outstanding quantities in non-posting transactions (purchase orders, transfer orders, work orders) and quantities in posting transactions (item receipt, item fulfillment, cash sale, invoices)
- Streamline assembly by factoring in multi-part assembly and sub-components, driving work orders and purchasing of raw materials.
Model How Expected Sales and Purchase Orders Affect Future Inventory Levels
- Use gross requirement inquiry to see expected sales and purchase orders
- Project how expected sales and purchase orders affect inventory levels in the future
- Deliver visibility into the gross requirement inquiry directly from the supply plan.