Using SQL Formulas in Searches
Using formulas and SQL functions, you have the capability to calculate and transform
your search results as desired to meet the needs of the business. In this one-day course, you will learn to construct simple and complex formulas that embed NetSuite fields and Oracle SQL functions.
This course is right for you if you...
- Are a NetSuite administrator, business analyst, or software developer responsible for data analysis through saved searches
- Are familiar with NetSuite navigation and features
- To learn how to navigate NetSuite and perform common tasks, take the Getting Started training available in SuiteAnswers
- Are familiar with the basics of creating saved searches in NetSuite
- Have a background in using structured query language (SQL) is helpful, but not required
Key Tasks Taught: How do I...
- Perform basic computations between two or more NetSuite fields?
- Calculate the difference between two dates?
- Add or subtract days and months from dates?
- Format dates for display in any desired format?
- Return list/record fields as hyperlinks to easily navigate to other records via the search results?
- Bold or highlight search results on a conditional basis?
- Translate values?
- Generate matrix style output?
- Make best use of many Oracle SQL functions: CASE, TO_CHAR, DENSE_RANK, NVL, NULLIF, UPPER, ROUND, FLOOR and others?
- Incorporate formulas in search criteria and search results, for both regular and summary searches?
Duration: 1 day
Price: $800 USD
View the Course Data Sheet for daily topics, prerequisites, and other key information
View the Course Schedule