NETSUITE ANNOUNCES "HAIRBALL AWARD" WINNERS DISENTANGLED FROM COMPLEX ON-PREMISE SOFTWARE
First Annual Hairball Awards Recognize Companies Realizing the Benefits of Cloud Computing Suites
SAN MATEO, Calif.—April 26, 2010—NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), a leading vendor of cloud computing business management software suites, today announced the winners of the first annual NetSuite Hairball Awards, given to businesses that have used cloud computing technology to disentangle their organizations from a complex, disparate hairball of conventional, on-premise business software, generating major cost savings and productivity gains through the effort. The awards were presented on April 15 at NetSuite's annual partner and developer conference, SuiteCloud 2010, held in San Francisco. For the complete list of the winners, please visit www.netsuite.com/winners.
The "Hairballs" are a new customer award program recognizing businesses that have achieved major cost savings and productivity gains with the aid of cloud computing. Global leaders in diverse fields, ranging from telecommunications and Ecommerce to the grocery and restaurant trades are distancing themselves from competitors by clearing their information infrastructure hairballs. By moving to the cloud, these companies have been able to disentangle their organizations from a complex, disparate cluster of conventional, on-premise business software.
Thirty companies were nominated in ten categories. The winners distinguished themselves by capitalizing heavily on the potential of the NetSuite solution to replace numerous applications and streamline core aspect of enterprise operations. The winners by category are as follows:
Most Applications Replaced — MYCOM
- Eliminated nine applications, including Sage, Microsoft, and Peachtree, and over 250 spreadsheets
- Globalized and automated processes across the organization
- Obtained a central view of projects, resources, and cost control
Most Improved Productivity — KANA
- Eliminated Epicor, SugarCRM, and numerous miscellaneous applications inherited from 10 acquired companies
- Able to conduct financial close in just one-third the time
- Order processing times reduced 20 percent
Greatest Cost Reduction — Fresh Produce Group
- Eliminated obsolete DOS financial system and numerous spreadsheets
- Net profit margins improved by 100 percent within 18 months of NetSuite deployment
- Saving $1 million per year by identifying and eliminating hairball overhead
Most Global Solution — Jollibee Foods Corporation
- Selected NetSuite OneWorld instead of a costly Siebel/Oracle hairball
- Deployed NetSuite OneWorld to 40 subsidiaries representing 1,800 restaurants in just 45 days
- Managing entire NetSuite OneWorld solution with just two IT professionals
Best Enterprise Deployment — Campus Living Villages
- Company's 171 subsidiaries had nearly 40 ERP instances, multiple ledgers, and multiple Charts of Accounts
- NetSuite OneWorld replaced MYOB and Sage ACT!
- Adopting NetSuite gave CLV a single Chart of Accounts and a single view of the business operations
Best Software Company Solution — TradeCard
- Hairball of Oracle, QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, Lotus Notes, and Excel was reducing productivity and decreasing visibility
- Adopting NetSuite OneWorld integrated all multi-currency activities of five subsidiaries
- TradeCard improved resource utilization and visibility with NetSuite OneWorld
Best Manufacturing Company Solution — RedBuilt
- Suffered an expensive hairball of SAP and PeopleSoft
- Reduced total cost of ownership by $300,000/year with NetSuite
- Transitioned in 86 days—the largest company so far to leave SAP for NetSuite
Best Services Company Solution — POSitive Technology
- Tangled hairball consisted of GoldMine, QuickBooks Pro, AutoTask, Microsoft Project, QuoteWerks, and custom database
- Moving to NetSuite provided clearer visibility and more integrated processes, boosting business performance
Best Ecommerce Company Solution — Virtual Inventories
- Hairball of numerous applications including Monster Commerce, Zen Cart, Volusion, StoneEdge, Pinnacle Cart, QuickBooks, Navision, Magento and Depotnet tangled multi-brand operations
- Cluttered operations created high costs and limited flexibility
- NetSuite is now the single-source solution for all of Virtual Inventories' enterprise needs
Best Wholesaler/Distributor Solution — Ira Wood & Sons
- Hairball of one dozen applications included Monster Commerce, QuickBooks Pro, Worldship, NetStamps, and numerous third-party add-ons and customizations
- NetSuite delivered increased profitability, better customer service, and streamlined processes
NetSuite's hairball-busting powers are just one distinguishing feature of the leader in cloud computing business management suites. Gartner Dataquest recently released figures showing that NetSuite has joined the ranks of North America's top 10 ERP vendors by revenue. Strategic advisory service ISM Inc. recognized NetSuite and NetSuite CRM with a Top 15 CRM Small & Medium Business Software Award for 2009. Customer Interaction Solutions magazine named NetSuite CRM as a recipient of a 2009 CRM Excellence Award. Most recently, British businesses named NetSuite the top Enterprise Accounting Software vendor in Sift Media's Software Satisfaction Awards 2009. These awards validate and reinforce NetSuite's mounting importance to companies of all sizes looking for a powerful, integrated enterprise management solution.
For more information about NetSuite Inc., please visit www.netsuite.com.
NOTE: NetSuite and the NetSuite logo are registered service marks of NetSuite Inc.