NETSUITE WHOLESALE/DISTRIBUTION EDITION BRINGS ENTERPRISE POWER TO MID-SIZED DISTRIBUTORS
Integrates Industry-Specific ERP, CRM, and Ecommerce Functionality
Dedicates Professional Services Team with Best Practices Implementation Methodology
SAN MATEO, Calif.—April 6, 2006—NetSuite, Inc., the leader in on-demand business software suites, today announced the release of NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition, the first on-demand vertical suite for distributors. With NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition, wholesalers and distributors can manage their entire business cycle from lead generation through sales, warehouse and inventory management and shipping, with accounting support throughout. For more information about NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition, please visit www.netsuite.com/wholesale_distribution
The wholesale/distribution industry is among the largest in the world, representing almost a quarter of the United States economy alone. The vast majority of these businesses are small and mid-sized, and 90% have fewer than 500 employees. The size of a distribution business does not, however, reduce the complexity of the business challenge. Small and mid-sized wholesale/distribution companies" business processes are just as challenging as large companies" processes, and they are continually pressured by the complex requirements forced upon them by larger trading partners, global competition, razor-thin margins, and ever more demanding customers. NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition gives companies the visibility they need to compete by combining the functionality and power previously available only to the world"s largest wholesalers and distributors with a cost structure they can afford thanks to NetSuite"s on-demand delivery model.
"Distributors try to cobble together multiple business applications—and numerous spreadsheets—to manage the complexity of this industry," said Stephen Wolfe, General Manager, NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution. "With NetSuite, distributors stop wasting precious resources and start focusing on increasing customer service levels, cutting costs, and growing their business."
NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition — Designed by 1000 Customers
The new NetSuite offering takes the input of over 1000 existing wholesale/distribution customers to deliver the first integrated on-demand suite designed specifically for their unique business process needs. The system gives companies customer relationship management linked seamlessly with back-office inventory management, fulfillment, and accounting processes all within a single, flexible business application. The new edition, supported by a best practices implementation methodology, includes a host of new features to meet the needs of mid-sized distributors including:
- Advanced Inventory & Order Fulfillment: NetSuite saves any distribution company countless hours of work associated with data entry, organization and fulfillment by automating the order fulfillment lifecycle. Distributors can convert leads to opportunities to orders, orders to shipments, and shipments to revenue — in short order. NetSuite supports complex needs with multiple price levels, discounting, multi-location inventory, bin management, kits and assemblies, multiple units of measure, lot tracking, serialized inventory and specific costing, matrix items and bar coding. NetSuite even automates what has been the bane of every distributor: returns management.
- Demand-based Inventory Replenishment: Based on sales history and inventory reorder points, reorder levels can be dynamically calculated, based on historical sales or seasonal demand. Average lead time, historical or seasonal-based sales demand, and number of days" supply to stock are used to dynamically set reorder point and preferred stock level for each item across each warehouse location, on an ongoing basis so there will always be stock on hand but ordered just-in-time.
- Wholesaler/Distributor Customer Portal: NetSuite empowers customers with a self-service portal for 24/7, real-time visibility into order status, shipment tracking, invoices, service case management, and more. Vendors can deliver customer-specific websites, complete with individualized products, pricing, and terms. Customers can place orders, make payments and create new support cases in the system.
- CRM for Distributors: NetSuite is the first and only on-demand suite that gives sales reps real-time available-to-promise and inventory commitment for accurate order promising and increased product delivery and overall service levels. With a single view of the customer throughout the business, NetSuite enables first contact issue resolution — the hallmark of superior service and cost management in the distribution industry.
- The Ultimate Business Dashboard to Manage a Distribution Business: With 15 out-of-the-box, role-based dashboards, executives, customer-facing sales, marketing and support managers and associates, inventory and warehouse managers, and the market- invigorating ecommerce manager has a personalized workplace.
Pricing and Availability
NetSuite Wholesale/Distribution Edition is available immediately, with new Version 11.0 capabilities delivered to customers using NetSuite"s patent-pending "phased release" process, starting in April 2006 and continuing through June 2006. NetSuite"s Wholesale/Distribution Edition is priced at $999 per month for the base suite and $99 per user per month.