SuiteScript is comprised of several components enabling the most useful customization in SaaS:
- Suitelets — extensions to SuiteScript let you build a custom interface that is hosted within the NetSuite framework. Suitelets allow for completely custom HTML, Flash or NetSuite-based front-end development that can be build from scratch or by leveraging revolutionary SuiteScript UI Objects. Suitelets can also serve as the back-end for external HTML interfaces, providing complete flexibility in developing application extensions to NetSuite.
- SuiteScript UI Objects — Serve as extensions which let you build a custom interface that runs invisibly within the NetSuite framework.
- Portlet SuiteScript — scripted Dashboard portlets allow for listing of any NetSuite content on the Dashboard or inclusion of external data-feeds via RSS, HTML or Flash, as well as Web 2.0 mashups (e.g. instant messaging, maps, blogs, more) via embedded Inline HTML fields, or iFrames.
- User Event SuiteScript — SuiteScript can be used to enforce data validation and business rules. User Event SuiteScripts are triggered as users work with records and data changes in NetSuite as they open, edit or save records.
- Client SuiteScript — field-level calculations, alerts and business logic are facilitated by SuiteScripts which run within the user's browser as they work with data and records within NetSuite. Additionally Server SuiteScript APIs can be invoked via the Client SuiteScript code to apply business logic beyond a single record.
For more information, visit the SDN Developer Resources Page.