Training: Req–4483 Senior Instructor (Chicago, IL)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
NetSuite Education Services provides comprehensive instructional programs to ensure our customers, partners and employees have the knowledge to achieve the highest level of success.
The Senior Instructor plays a key role in helping our customers build knowledge, increase user adoption and promote best practices through the delivery of high quality training around the NetSuite product. You are a passionate instructor and communicator, skilled in the delivery of instructor led and virtual classroom sessions and have an excellent attention to customer satisfaction.
The Senior Instructor will deliver training to all types of NetSuite customers. This position will be responsible for the delivery of virtual classroom administrator and end user training. In addition to leading regularly scheduled public classes, the Instructor will also work with Professional Services to assess customer training needs, develop custom agendas, and deliver quality training to ensure optimal user adoption.
- Understand the NetSuite application in the functional areas of ERP and CRM as they relate to customer learning requirements
- Deliver public instructor led training sessions on the web in the virtual classroom, and onsite at customer locations
- Partner with Professional Services Consultants to develop end user training plans for customer implementation projects
- Assume full ownership for success of customer training projects, interacting with customer as needed to confirm training requirements, event logistics, knowledge transfer and follow-up.
- Develop customer specific end user training material based on implementation project scope, leveraging end user toolkit collateral
- Keep NetSuite product knowledge current, keeping up to date with new features as versions are released.
- Adhere to Education Services methods, processes, procedures, and policies in the development and delivery of training services
- Participate in the development of new curriculum offerings, providing feedback and suggestions to Curriculum Development; contribute to new subject ideas.
- Incorporate industry best practices and techniques from a training and learning standpoint
- Engage in special projects to support Education Services business processes and tools
- Partner with global Education Services operations and curriculum development teams in the development of education materials, scheduling of regional events, and communication of new offerings into regional sales and professional services organizations.
Candidates for the Instructor role should have many of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years in the technology industry
- 5+ years solid experience in a functional training role with emphasis on technology and business process training development, design, and delivery
- Strong presentation, training and group facilitation skills; familiar and competent with audience-engagement methods and techniques appropriate for all types of audiences
- Excellent understanding of common industry standards as related to ERP, CRM, PSA (Professional Services Automation) and Ecommerce with an understanding of standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Force Management, SFA and CRM (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management and Territory Management).
- Previous experience with the following applications is a solid predictor of success as a NetSuite Instructor: QuickBooks, Sage, MAS 90, Intacct, Great Plains, Microsoft Dynamics, SalesForce.com, Siebel, Oracle Financials, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Workday
- Excellent written and verbal English skills for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum review, and communication
- Experience with developing and maintaining curriculum, learning objectives, training aids, and hands-on exercises
The position will deliver on-site training upon request not to exceed 35%.