Product Development: Business Development Manager – Technology Partners (San Mateo, CA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
This is an opportunity to join the fast-growing SuiteCloud Developer Network team. This department works across the organization and plays a key role in helping understand our customer needs and how technology partners can help NetSuite meet them. This position will support the business development efforts with existing and new Independent Software Vendors including competitive analysis, market assessment, new business models, partner recruitment, deal management, partner enablement and go-to-market plans. This position will play a key role in the future growth of the SuiteCloud Developer Network and you will have significant exposure to senior executives at NetSuite and externally. You should be able to communicate well at all levels of the organization, think strategically and execute tactically.
This job reports to the Director of Strategic Alliances and supports and collaborates with the NetSuite SuiteCloud Development Network team and departments across the NetSuite organization.
- Investigate, develop and propose creative partner structures, business models and go-to-market methods with Independent Software Vendors.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine revenue generating business opportunities in new vertical markets or expanding partnership business models in existing markets.
- Identify and close new partnerships and restructure existing ones. Manage partnership development engagements from initiation to close.
- Evaluate partnership options by managing internal priorities and working to understand internal and potential partners' needs and goals.
- Strategic analysis of new market and vertical partnership scenarios.
- Provide education and facilitate discussion on technology partnership opportunities.
- 5 years experience in business development, alliances, strategic account/partner management.
- 1–3 years experience in enterprise software industry.
- Experience with various partnership models including resell, OEM, sell-through.
- Ability to analyze market information and synthesize it into business cases inclusive of opportunity sizing, business model definition, and go-to-market strategy.
- Superior communication skills; both oral and written.
- Sales-focused (understanding sales objectives and methodology).
- Experience working closely with sales organization.
- Proven organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Strong leadership, administration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally.
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Demonstrated aggressive, persuasive, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to build trust broadly across the organization and with partners, and to manage interactions and influence without authority, including at the c-level.
- Must be able to build effective inter-company networks.
- Comfortable with contract negotiation and working closely with legal teams.
- MBA preferred.