Private Equity Business Development
San Mateo, Calif.
To start, you’ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We are looking for Transactions/PE focused Business Development Representatives to identify M&A trigger events, determine different stakeholders involved and develop relationships. In this role you will make immediate contributions to the organization by finding opportunities and helping the NetSuite sales team close them.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, track and act upon on all M&A trigger events across different verticals. This would include buy outs, spin offs, divestitures and carve outs.
- Keep track of the major players in the marketplace and monitor their activity—Investment banks, private equity, venture capital, advisors, consulting organizations.
- Attend and represent NetSuite at events that focus on PE and M&A.
- Analyze past transactions and build model for gaining access to prioritized PE/IB firms; create a repeatable success plan.
- Outbound prospecting based on relevant trigger events.
- Assist in creating talk tracks, prospecting materials, campaigns and collateral to assist the NetSuite sales team to target these organizations and events.
- Provide guidance and support to sales reps regarding these different acquisition opportunities.
- Qualify inbound interest and generate new entry points into leading banks, advisors, PE firms etc.
- Interact by phone and email with key personnel up to, and including, C–Level executives.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the complete capabilities of NetSuite's solution.
Tracking and Measurement:
- Access to pitchbook and S&P to keep track of relevant M&A activity.
- a. Revenue/# of deals “sourced”.
- b. Revenue/# of deals influenced.
- c. Create success kit/stories and case studies.
- Basic understanding of M&A, Private Equity, Investment banking, consulting.
- Strong process background and analytical thinking.
- Excel acumen required.
- Relationships focused/driven.
- Experience selling technology solutions, applications software or other business software.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills (outgoing and personable).
- Intelligent, motivated and competitive with a “roll–up–the–sleeves” and “get the job done” attitude.
Travel: Up to 25% travel.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.