Chicago, Ill. or San Mateo, Calif.
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
We are currently seeking a Technical Consultant to work in the Technical Services Group within NetSuite Professional Services. This position requires heavy interaction with customers, NetSuite application developers, NetSuite implementation teams, and NetSuite partners. This individual will be a part of the team that scopes, designs, develops and deploys custom automations and workflow solutions for our customers using the NetSuite SuiteFlex™ platform.
- Apply Best Practices in defining custom solutions on NetSuite's SuiteFlex™ platform
- Assist in pre-sales activities including technical validation and scoping/estimation
- Gather business/technical requirements through interview and analysis
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs
- Oversee the development of code by our development team per system design documents.
- Conduct user acceptance testing for complex solutions
- Track and report project progress to appropriate parties using MS Office, MS Project and Visio
- Attend internal meetings including knowledge transfers, mentoring sessions for junior resources, and other strategic initiatives
- An undergraduate degree in mathematics computer science or engineering is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience at either a Tier 1 consulting firm or in the professional services organization of a major business applications vendor
- At least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining client/server and/or web applications with a Relational Database backend (Oracle preferred)
- Technical background, experience in system architecture, object-oriented design, web frameworks and patterns
- Ability to author detailed technical design/specification documents capturing workflow processes, technical use cases, exception handling, and test cases.
- Software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Proficiency in error resolution, error handling and debugging.
- Experience with IDEs, source control systems, unit-testing tools and defect management tools
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with XML/XSL and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL)
- Functional, technical, implementation and leadership skills
- Proficiency with the application integration layer and customization environment of at least one major ERP or CRM application: SAP—ABAP, BAPI, Oracle—Open Interface Tables, PL/SQL,Siebel—escript, SalesForce.com—APEX
- Experience with one of the following business applications is a must: NetSuite, SAP, Siebel, Oracle, QuickBooks, Great Plains, Salesforce.com, MAS 90, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Travel: The position is expected to travel 25%
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.