Professional Services Consultant
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg, NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 high-growth and midsized companies and divisions of large enterprises to run mission-critical operations without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor on a global basis and winner of 2 prestigious 2013 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution and Best Cloud Infrastructure, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
The Consultant will be responsible for helping to manage customers in the post sales and implementation environments for the Software vertical. This position will be responsible for the consulting and configuration services of NetSuite existing and new customers. This position will quickly assess customer needs, develop innovative plans to solve complex business workflow and implement these plans in the NetSuite environment. The successful candidate must have a passion for business and the technologies that run it, as well as, advanced analytical problem solving acumen. Working with aggressive timelines and a full customer portfolio is required.
Provide Consulting Services
- Document and validate customers' business requirements and map to NetSuite functionality
- Configure/customize NetSuite application to meet customer's business requirements
- Conduct consulting sessions (on-the-phone and in-person)
- Attend project meetings and provide status on progress of activities and deliverables
- Provide customers with as needed consulting and general assistance
- Be a "go-to" resource for specific functional areas
Contribute to internal initiatives
- Contribute to the solutions repository/best practices, knowledge share activities
- Possesses a passion for helping customers find creative ways to more effectively run their businesses
- Demonstrate consulting skills and Customer relationship acumen
- Establishes credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence customers to modify current business practices, as required
- Works fairly independently with some guidance and direction on work
- Ability to complete assignments and tasks delegated by other project resources
- Ability to work in a deadline-focused environment, consistently producing deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Ability to manage multiple project commitments simultaneously
- Achieve consistent utilization above 75%
- Works on services of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of numerous factors
- Comfortable with translating customer business requirements into configuration activities within defined areas of expertise
- Develops innovative plans based on customer needs to solve routine business workflow in NetSuite environments
- Be fully versed in functionality released with each new product upgrade
- Basic understanding of customization options/tools available to extend standard configurations/functionality
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to resolve routine issues per defined parameters and procedures, and escalate when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting or Management Information Systems
- 2–5 years of experience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or externally with a consulting firm or software provider
- At least 3 full-cycle implementation projects
- Excellent understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to , Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Order Management (Billing and Invoicing), Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas). Other business areas such as Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfilment), Supply Chain as well as Support (Cases Management and Territory Management) are a plus
- Good understanding of business practices is necessary and will be considered as well: Accounting (Payroll, Expense Tracking, Multi-currency, and commissions), Sales Force Automation (Returns, Team Selling), and Marketing Campaigns and Web presence (Net or eCommerce, Shopping carts, Website layout).
- Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable world class business solutions; either as a software solution or a re-engineering initiative.
- Candidates should have excellent customer relationship acumen and experienced consulting skills to work with customers on execution of on re-engineering projects.
- Experience creating business requirements documents and/or other application systems related documents are necessary.
- Consulting experience in common industry standard business practices, such as ERP, SFA/CRM or eCommerce Solution
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Products