Req–4533 Solution Architect, eCommerce (San Mateo, CA)
To start, you’ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We are seeking an E-Commerce Architect to join the NetSuite professional services team. This is a highly-visible, client facing role. The candidate must be a seasoned architect who comes with extensive experience in architecture, and implementation of internet scale applications in fast paced environments using open source and cloud computing technologies
The E-Commerce Architect is responsible for scoping, architecting and leading technology teams in the delivery of challenging technical solutions for clients in various industries.
A critical activity for the architect is to provide technical guidance and consulting to prospects and clients, helping them understand the technology and make informed decisions about their particular solution. The architect is expected to collaborate with creative and experience design team leads and our product management organization to ensure a successful technology designs and implementations of solutions for our clients.
In addition to working on billable client engagements, may also assist as needed on pre-sales opportunities such as RFP responses, proposal delivery, architecture assessments and technical qualifications.
- Serve as a technical advisor / SME to clients, prospects and partners to assist them in optimizing their use of our E-Commerce product suite to successfully define, build and deploy online commerce applications.
- Lead the translation of the client's business requirements into systems design.
- Prepare elements of sales proposals to represent our technical expertise.
- Design architecture for scalability, high-availability, performance, flexibility, operational efficiency, security and maintainability.
- Offer implementation options for new system features that enable strategic business capabilities.
- Use technology as a key competitive advantage by evaluating and implementing technical innovations.
- Work with project managers to ensure accurate scoping timely delivery of projects—estimate time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement project; develop project plan incorporating all project variables including risk.
- Establish measurable criteria concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Act as a mentor to other technical staff.
- 10+ years' experience in a lead role in ecommerce-focused companies.
- Deep experience with architecting and building large-scale web based systems, including transactional systems, content management systems, using technologies such as web services, J2EE and XML.
- Strong experience with large, high performing ecommerce applications.
- Experience with a modern web-technology stack such as Django, Ruby on Rails, backbone.js or Node.js.
- Experience with CMS and content workflow systems.
- Deep understanding of web application structure from the client tier to the data persistence tier.
- Deep understanding of web application performance tuning and scaling.
- Knowledge of clustered database systems such as Oracle or MySQL.
- Experience with mobile application development frameworks (iOS, Android).
- Working knowledge of the latest Architectural and Design tools.
- Strong ability to teach and mentor others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience implementing ecommerce frameworks such as Demandware or Magento.