To start, you’ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
NetSuite is looking for an exceptional Technical Writer to write documentation for a complex ERP business software application. An ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills, experience writing business software documentation, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work closely with PM, development, QA, and technical writing to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to writing and scrum team meetings
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or transferrable writing experience.
- Knowledge of technical communication techniques and standards
- Attention to detail; excellent English skills; proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Self-starter: motivated, takes initiative
- Ability to quickly learn how to use products, passion for technology
- Experience working with SMEs to deliver quality documentation
- Strong time management and prioritization skills: experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Comfortable using the Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software
- Experience with current authoring, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt or Paint Shop Pro.
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology
- Experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of ArborText Epic Editor