Product Development: Technical Writer (Makati)
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
Researches and documents tax, software, and international product features for a hosted business application. Works with product management, development, and quality assurance to obtain required information. Completes assigned tasks broadly defined in documentation plans and feature records or by the Technical Publications Manager. May manage and build online help systems. Works independently to define the scope of tasks and the steps required for completion.
- Research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write new documentation based on feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation in English to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation in English to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly writing and product area team meetings
- Manage, build, and maintain online help systems
- Technical aptitude and experience: ability to quickly learn how to use software, enthusiasm for technology
- Experience learning, using, and writing about tax, financial, and software applications
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Familiar with software programs, Web applications, and hosted applications
- Experience with Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, and with other word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt, Paint Shop Pro, or FullShot is an advantage
- Experience working with remote teams preferred
- BA/BS in English, or a related field
- At least 3+ years work experience as a Product Technical Writer
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Advanced understanding and use of Adobe Framemaker, XMeTaL, or Doxygen is a plus
- Basic use of Adobe Dreamweaver, WebWorks AutoMap and WebWorks ePublisherPro is an advantage