Senior Product Manager (Software Industry)
San Mateo, Calif.
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
NetSuite is looking for an experienced, talented, and self-directed Product Manager to drive and manage the ongoing development of its award-winning business management suite for Software companies. As a NetSuite product manager, your responsibilities will include understanding customer needs, creating the product strategy, gathering requirements, managing feature backlogs, and working with world-class teams to deliver these features.
To succeed in this role, you will need a proven ability to build great business applications and a passion for helping mid-sized businesses succeed.
- Deeply understand the current and future needs of target software customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research. Passionately represent the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Prioritize features and investments to get the maximum customer benefit and drive continuing growth of NetSuite in the software industry.
- Drive NetSuite’s holistic software industry product strategies. Create and execute the multi-year roadmap to achieve the product goals for this critical industry. Ensure NetSuite provides a great end-to-end experience for software companies across the entire product suite.
- Drive strategic decisions on build vs. buy vs. partner that will help deliver our product strategy.
- Own the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Create use cases, user stories, and a detailed product requirement documents that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Doc, and UI to deliver great products to our customers.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Professional Services and Support to successfully rollout our products and ensure a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Represent NetSuite and our vision for transforming the businesses of Software companies in external forums, including customer and partner meetings, industry events and SuiteWorld.
- Relevant business experience working within the Software industry in a Finance, Operations or Product role. International experience is a big plus.
- 8+ years of software Product Management experience. Thorough understanding of PM skills, processes, and best practices.
- Extensive experience building business applications that help software companies succeed. Examples might include ERP and Financials, Subscription Management, Revenue Recognition, Professional Services.
- Familiarity with trends, leading practices and operational challenges in the software industry, including SaaS/Cloud products, is required.
- Knowledge of cross-functional process flows and their financial impact is required.
- Experience creating and managing successful strategic partnerships is required.
- Experience in building business cases and creating business models for new initiatives is strongly preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create and manage a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult tradeoff decisions.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track record for building products with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- MBA or Advanced Degree is strongly preferred. Accounting (e.g. CPA) qualification viewed as a plus.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.