Principal Product Manager (Performance and Scalability)
San Mateo, Calif.
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
NetSuite is looking for an exceptional, self-directed Product Manager and a leader to drive the requirements, vision and strategy of our application scalability and performance. You will be responsible for understanding customer and SuiteCloud developer needs, gathering and documenting requirements and backlogs, and working with world-class teams to define performance metrics and deliver features for Application Performance Monitoring tools and dashboard, as well as performance testing environments.
- Deeply understand the requirements of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative research. Passionately represent the voice of the customer community to internal teams.
- Understand and contribute in developing a winning application performance strategy and roadmap. Execute and communicate the multi-year roadmap to achieve the goals and strategy for this critical area.
- Own the product backlog and prioritize enhancement requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Proactively conceive, document and drive the creation of new features. Create use cases, user stories, and detailed product requirements that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Collaborate and lead other Product Managers and work with User Experience, Development, QA and Documentation teams, to deliver great products to our customers and SuiteCloud developers.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Professional Services and Support to successfully rollout our products and ensure a great end-to-end user experience.
- Participate in customer facing events and partner conferences as a product expert.
- 10+ years technical product management, product development, or technical professional services experience. A solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. EMC Smarts, Splunk).
- Familiarity with application, database and UI (AJAX) tuning techniques.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently, to sell ideas to management and make convincing arguments for the direction of the products.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track record for building products with exceptional user experience and quality.
- Strong organizational skills: excellent communication, task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, risk identification and mitigation and experience working with offshore teams.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience leading a team of product managers.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.