Product Development: Req 4945–Principal Technical Writer—ERP (San Mateo, CA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
NetSuite is looking for an exceptional, self-directed Principal Technical Writer to write for and lead ERP documentation projects for a hosted, enterprise business application. An ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills, extensive experience writing documentation for ERP software, and a deep interest in and knowledge of multiple ERP functions, including Accounting, Financial Consolidation, and Global Business Management. This person will also have demonstrated ability to manage the documentation deliverables from multiple writers in a fast-paced development environment.
- Lead team members on assigned documentation projects for a complex, global ERP software application.
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product.
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users.
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation.
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates.
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics.
- Attend and actively contribute to writing and scrum team meetings.
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5–10 years of experience as a Technical Writer.
- Attention to detail; excellent English skills; and proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication.
- Experience writing about ERP software applications, especially Accounting, Financial Consolidation, and Global Business Management.
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative.
- A track record of successfully working with development, QA, and technical writing to deliver quality documentation.
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management, and prioritization skills: ability to create high-quality documentation while making difficult tradeoff decisions; experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles.
- Experience with the Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, and with current word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software.
- Familiarity with API documentation preferred.
- Knowledge of ArborText Epic Editor and/or XML preferred.
- Experience working with remote teams preferred.