Product Development: Req 4935—Senior Technical Writer (Brno)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
NetSuite is looking for a technical writer, who will
- Researche and document E-commerce or CRM features for a hosted business application.
- Work with product management and development to obtain required information.
- Complete assigned tasks broadly defined in documentation plans and feature records or by the Technical Publications Manager.
- May manage and build online help systems.
- Work independently to define the scope of tasks and the steps required for completion.
- Research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write new documentation based on feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly writing and product team meetings
- Manage, build, and maintain online help systems
- Technical aptitude and experience: ability to quickly learn how to use products, enthusiasm for technology
- Experience learning, using, and writing about e-Commerce or CRM applications
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Familiar with software programs, Web applications, and hosted applications
- Experience with Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, and with other word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt, Paint Shop Pro, or FullShot
- Experience working with remote teams preferred
BA/BS and 5+ years experience as a Technical Writer
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Framemaker, AutoMap, WebWorks Publisher, ePublisherPro, and/or Adobe Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl preferred