Senior Technical Writer (Multiple)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg, NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 high-growth and midsized companies and divisions of large enterprises to run mission-critical operations without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor on a global basis and winner of 2 prestigious 2013 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution and Best Cloud Infrastructure, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
NetSuite is looking for an exceptional, self-directed Senior Technical Writer to write documentation for a complex ERP business software application. An ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and verbal communication skills, extensive experience writing complex business software documentation, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Work closely with PM, development, QA, and technical writing to successfully deliver assigned documentation projects
- Proactively research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Independently write new documentation based on use cases, user stories, feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to writing and scrum team meetings
- Partner with other teams such as Support, Training, and Professional Services to understand and respond to customer documentation needs
- Bachelor's degree and 5–10 years of experience as a Technical Writer or 7+ years combined experience as a Developer and Technical Writer
- Attention to detail; excellent English skills; and proficiency in proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication
- Experience learning, using, and writing about business applications, software, and technology
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take the initiative
- A track record of successfully working with development, QA, and technical writing to deliver quality documentation
- Excellent strategic thinking, time management, and prioritization skills: ability to create high-quality documentation while making tradeoff decisions; experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Ability to quickly learn how to use products, passion for technology
- Ability to use source code and development tools to write documentation
- Ability to write code examples to illustrate product features
- Experience with the Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, and with current word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt, Paint Shop Pro, or FullShot
- Experience working with remote teams
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Knowledge of ArborText Epic Editor
- Experience writing about ERP business applications