Product Development: Req 4555–Senior Technical Writer (Uruguay)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
Researches and documents E-commerce or CRM features for the NetSuite hosted business application. Works with product management and development to obtain required information. Completes assigned tasks broadly defined in documentation plans and feature records or by the Technical Publications Manager. May manage and build online help systems. Works independently to define the scope of tasks and the steps required for completion.
- Research product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write new documentation based on feature requirement documents, specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and product enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly writing and product team meetings
- Manage, build, and maintain online help systems
- Technical aptitude and experience; ability to quickly learn how to use products with an enthusiasm for technology
- Experience learning, using, and writing about e-Commerce or CRM applications
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines and adapting to changing priorities
- Self-starter; motivated and able to take the initiative
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across product development lifecycles
- Familiar with software programs, Web applications, and hosted applications
- Experience with Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office software, as well as with other word processing, desktop publishing, and graphics software
- Experience with a screen capture program such as SnagIt, Paint Shop Pro, or FullShot
- Experience working with remote teams preferred
BA/BS and 5+ years experience as a Technical Writer
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading/editing skills, writing skills, and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Framemaker, AutoMap, WebWorks Publisher, ePublisherPro, and/or Adobe Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl preferred