Product Development: SDN Solutions Engineer (San Mateo, CA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
For our developer programs team, we are looking for a seasoned Solutions Engineer who will contribute to the growth of NetSuite's third party developer community. You should be capable of high performance at all levels of technical engagements with third party developers, from providing an initial overview of the NetSuite SaaS development platform (SuiteCloud) to designing and debugging third party applications. You love evangelizing technology and you can both design an application and use your hands-on development experience to troubleshoot technical problems. You are a creative problem solver capable of harnessing the power of the NetSuite platform for the benefit of partners. You are willing to perform your duties remotely by telephone and via online meetings.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity; your contribution will be crucial to the success of emerging applications in cloud computing.
- Provide consulting to new and existing partners on NetSuite application architecture and design.
- Become a recognized expert on SuiteCloud, NetSuite development platform, including code-level understanding of the underlying technology.
- Perform architectural and security assessments of existing partner solutions and suggest optimizations.
- Establish yourself as a leader and go to person in the developer community
- Develop compelling sample code and development tools for SuiteCloud, including tools used internally by the developer programs team.
- Help drive the quality of ISV apps by contributing to relevant technical documents, certification programs and developing best practices guides.
- Take ownership of high-priority escalations and drive them to resolution in a timely manner in cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Actively provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on ways to improve SuiteCloud.
- Evangelize Suite Cloud by presenting at NetSuite and industry events
- Contribute to online developer communities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- At least 4 years experience with software development and enterprise applications
- 4 years hands-on software engineering with either Java or C#
- Extensive knowledge SOAP-based Web Services and REST
- Comfortable with AJAX
- 2 years as a technical consultant with SaaS applications such as SalesForce or a major enterprise application such as NetSuite, SAP, Oracle Financials, Siebel, Clarify or Lawson
- 2 years experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience as a designer of business software solutions
- The ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Good communicator with proven presentation skills for small to medium size audiences
- A love for solving technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English