Req–4223 Competitive Intelligence Manager (Atlanta, GA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
This is the opportunity to get in at the ground level of a new department at NetSuite, an extremely fast growing company. The primary purpose of this department is to establish strategies against major competitors for the sales team as well assist in the strategies, tactics and execution of live opportunities against these competitors. In addition, this department will need to drive the process of collecting, validating, analyzing, and communicating competitive intelligence. This department will work with a cross-functional team, and plays a key role in helping understand our competitor's strategies and general market positioning, as well as how NetSuite succeeds against these strategies and positioning.
This position leads the Competitive Intelligence team and is responsible for providing evidence-based, strategic and tactical guidance through actionable intelligence briefings and deliverables. This position is responsible for discovery, consolidation and communication of key trends, opportunities, threats and implications related to the NetSuite external environment, as well as providing clear implications and guidance to various sales team members. Functional responsibilities include directing, overseeing, and conducting analyses of competitor action and the market impact for key competitors that vary by verticals and geography. This position also requires a strong understanding of NetSuite's solution strategy and position in order to effectively evaluate the potential impact of competitive threats.
This job reports to the Vice President of Sales Enablement and supports and collaborates with the NetSuite Vertical Marketing team, Product Marketing team, Product Management team and Sales team.
- Expert on vendor landscape from both a product and strategy perspective.
- Effectively communicate what makes NetSuite unique versus other technology vendors to sales teams, customers and prospects.
- Work with the industry's best product management team to obtain in-depth knowledge of vendor landscape.
- Work with renowned product marketing team to develop highly differentiated product messaging.
- Analysis of current market activity and what that means for NetSuite.
- Strategic analysis of market scenarios to enable key strategic decisions and identify strategic blind spots.
- Provides education and facilitates discussion on market trends and hot topics with marketing, sales and the wider NetSuite organization.
- Interject competitive information and knowledge into NetSuite business processes.
- Proactively communicate important competitive information and knowledge, and make interpretations of the strategic implications to NetSuite of competitive intelligence as it is gathered and analyzed.
- Maintain a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies.
- 5 years experience in competitive analysis.
- 1–3 years experience in CRM/ERP industry.
- Ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Technical acumen, ability to command technical content and audiences.
- Previous experience managing work of others.
- Superior communication skills; both oral and written.
- Sales-focused (understanding sales objectives and methodology).
- Able to condense complex technical themes into intuitive value propositions.
- Hands-on experience working closely with sales organization to win deals.
- Proven organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content.
- Proficient working with end-users to understand their needs and perspectives regarding all solutions current in the market, as well as the corporate strengths.
- Proficient building SWOT analysis of competitive offerings, companies, and potential offering from all market sources, including build.
- Strong leadership, administration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally.
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Demonstrated aggressive, persuasive, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to build trust broadly across the organization and to manage interactions and influence without authority.
- Must be able to build effective inter-company networks which will ensure the flow of competitive information as it is gathered to the central collecting point of the Competitive Intelligence group.