Pre-Sales Solution Consulting: Vertical Market Expert – eCommerce (Sydney)
To start, you’ll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We currently have a great new vacancy in our high-performance, Solutions Team. The eCommerce (VME) Vertical Market Expert will be responsible for providing strong and detailed guidance on eCommerce initiatives and proposals. The incumbent will be the contact point for all matters dealing with eCommerce.
- Contribute to the achievement of the ecommerce regional sales targets by participating as the subject matter expert on strategic opportunities
- Work in conjunction with Solution Consultants to develop and architect proof of value demonstrations based on customer needs
- Set objectives and review the performance of the ecommerce solution consulting practice and take action to ensure targets are met the team is continually developed
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure alignment of messaging with market trends
- Align with the Product Management teams to innovate and evolve the product strategy to define solutions for growth/ future markets
- Partner with the professional services and partners to drive implementation best practices through the ecommerce practice
- Manage the response to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Job duties are varied and complex, a track record of successful independent judgment is required
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years in a pre-sales role supporting a best of breed ecommerce solution
- 2+ years technical experience with ATG, Hybris, Volusion, Endeca, GSI Commerce or other leading ecommerce platform
- Experience in building/maintaining web sites as well as proficiency/education in AJAX, Google Analytics would be an asset, while proficiency/education in JSON, Flash, XML, XHTML would be nice to have.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM strategies and techniques is valuable
- Web Services experience with SOAP and REST technologies is an asset
- Previous product marketing or analyst community exposure a plus