Req–4652 Solution Consulting Manager – etail (San Mateo, CA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
The Sales Engineering Manager is responsible for leading all strategic pre-sales activity for our team of Sales Engineers supporting sales efforts for the retail vertical. This person will work closely with sales and sales management to provide strategic direction and ensure optimal use of resources. This role also requires frequent interactions/coordination with our product management, professional services and marketing departments.
- Provides technical/functional leadership to the sales engineering team to ensure high-impact demonstrations of the NetSuite solution are delivered on a daily basis
- Ensure sales engineers are fully and effectively scheduled and utilized on qualified opportunities to drive quota achievement
- Provide direction and guidance to sales engineers in defining and achieving career development goals
- Share best practices with SE Manager peers to elevate the standards of the SE organization globally
- Engage with peers in cross departmentally to ensure that key information and process updates are being disseminated to the sales engineering team in a timely manner
- Provide senior management with updates on the overall effectiveness of the sales engineering team in impacting business
- Identify and recruit world class sales engineers to continue to build on the strengths of the existing team
- Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business
- 3+ years prior years of experience in a sales engineer role in the software industry
- 2+ years experience in a sales engineering capacity with a CRM or ERP application
- 2+ years experience in managing a pre-sales team is preferred
- Strong experience in retail and POS is required
- Strong personnel management and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required