Boston, Mass. / US Remote
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
This position is for an Operations Engineer in the Engineering Operations group. The employee will have work assignments related to the management, automation, and expansion of our cloud environment. This role will include planning, developing, and implementing strategies to keep our infrastructure operational and scalable. This employee will be part of an on-call 24x7 rotation.
- Evaluate, install, debug, audit, maintain, and document Microsoft server farm.
- Assist in managing the OS test, release, and deployment process.
- Create and maintain server and application monitoring.
- Automate configuration, monitoring, and asserting the state of production servers, network equipment, and storage through a template / image architecture.
- Participate in a Change Management environment with the Operations technical team.
- Be a part of an on-call rotation that does 24x7 monitoring, and be accessible via cell phone.
- Take training courses that align with corporate objectives to bridge skill gaps and learn new relevant technologies.
- Be able to work, collaborate, and communicate well in a team-based environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in scripting, automation, and architecture in large production server environments.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft server stack, including Active Directory, DFS Replication, IIS, and clustering.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft characteristics and limitations, including standard services, protocols, and applications.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AWS and other cloud–based hosting providers.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems and solutions.
- Ability to plan, document, install and effectively implement complex server software across heterogeneous server environments.
- Ability to diagnose server and network problems effectively to resolve issues.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and logically, both written and verbally, within a passionate technical team.
- Ability to set goals and execute.
- Knowledge of Linux networking and virtual machine administration (VMWare, Oracle, Hyper–v, etc).
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong Windows shell scripting experience.
- Strong Windows skills — architecture, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting.
- DB environment.
- Clear programming style in scripting.
- Clear communication with cross–functional teams.
- Detail–oriented, and ability to prioritize.
- Results–oriented, capable problem solver, ambitious.
- Work experience in a UNIX environment.
- Change Management experience.
- AWS and other cloud–hosting environments.
- Security Expertise; Storage Expertise; Performance Analysis, Scaling, Tuning.