Unix Systems Administrator
One word — transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
NetSuite is transforming how its customers do business. If you want to transform your career, Apply Now below.
This position is for a System Administrator in the Server and Storage Operations group. The employee will focus on providing high level System support in areas of monitoring, backups, capacity planning, high availability and researching new technology. Support will involve multiple departments. Pager duties and off hour work will be required.
- Work under the guidance of the technical leads to implement, support, and secure network and server infrastructure as required.
- Provide technical leadership for, and participate in major systems' projects, preferably some Windows.
- Install and maintain physical and virtual servers and network hardware.
- Diagnose server and network related performance issues, and perform root-cause analysis.
- Monitor and analyze availability and capacity of networks, servers, and data centers.
- Perform general system configuration, backups, maintenance, and optimization of server and network infrastructure.
- Produce documentation for administrators and end-users.
- Assist other Systems staff as required.
- Be result oriented with tasks, completed with high sense of urgency and quality.
- Maintain system patch level to stay within security requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Unix System Administrator position and preferably 2 years in a Windows environment.
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts, services, and security requirements for an on-line service.
- Experience with virtualization; KVM, Hyper-V, VMware, cloud technology like EC2.
- Must be able to work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 on call conditions.
- Superior scripting skills, preferably in sh/csh/perl/powershell.
- Solid understanding of storage concepts and requirements e.g. NFS, disk io bottlenecks, enterprise storage, fibre channel.
- Excellent working knowledge of DNS, HTTP/S, SSH, LDAP, PXE/DHCP/TFTP.
- Preferred experience with management of large compute and serving clusters and associated issues such as automation, configuration management, deployment, inventory, hardware troubleshooting, system troubleshooting, etc. (Oracle is a plus)
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, firewall, networking protocols, blade hardware, and security concepts.
- Strong in open source tools like Apache, Puppet, mcollective, gluster, logstash, kickstart, etc.
NetSuite is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as NetSuite does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.