Information Technology: Req 4971–Systems Engineer (San Mateo, CA)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
Working as a key member of the Global IT Infrastructure team, the Systems Engineer will report to the Director of Global IT and have the primary responsibilities of designing, implementing, managing, maintaining, and improving systems and services running on Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms. This position is responsible for a wide array of services and the infrastructure they run on. Exposure to multiple technologies, operating systems, application servers, and end-user exposed services is key. Self-starting, highly adaptable, creative, and focused on delivering excellence would be important characteristics of the person in this role. Successful candidates will show excellence in working closely with Solutions Engineers, IT Managers, and business owners to help build services that are highly effective and with low total cost of ownership. The candidate should drive continuous improvement and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in various systems management methodologies. The candidate must be an excellent project manager to see projects through all stages of a solution lifecycle, including defining requirements, drafting and presenting technical proposals, deploying, and maintaining the best solutions. A strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork will be required, as this individual will be in a strategic position to influence and lead change within the IT Organization. This position may require some international travel, and will require on-call support and off-hours maintenance work.
- Analyze, design, test, document, implement, and provide operational support assistance across all corporate infrastructure and services.
- Develop and design global infrastructure solutions with the following requirements in mind: Usability, Reliability, Performance, and Supportability/Maintainability.
- Provisioning new hardware, software, and virtualization for testing, staging, and production corporate services.
- Manage relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Design and implement systems management and monitoring solution. Provide operational support and transition for solution.
- Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for IT organization and business owners detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Drive the continual evolution and support of the infrastructure plan for consistency and growth.
- Resolve and troubleshoot operational issues involving physical and logical levels in a multi-platform infrastructure.
- Train and mentor peers to develop members of the team and other technical resources, as necessary.
- Ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience in Linux services and systems mgmt. in an enterprise environment.
- Ideal candidate should have at least 5 years experience in Windows services and systems mgmt. in an enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience with systems management technologies (SCCM, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Strong knowledge in systems security.
- Working knowledge of Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory (AD), RADIUS, and RSA, LDAP.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of Linux and Windows based services.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies, including scoping and scaling for desired performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to cluster services using various methodologies (load balancing, scripting, shared storage architectures, etc)
- Proficiency working with enterprise grade hardware (Dell, HP, 3Par, and the like).
- Proficiency with public key infrastructure (PKI) and authentication mgmt.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with fellow engineers through mutually deep technical skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen. Interaction with business leaders of various countries, cultures, and technical levels is a key component of this role.
- Ability and desire to mentor or develop other IT staff and engineers.
- Team player.
- Ability to occasionally travel up to 10 percent of time (including internationally).
- Certification in hardware, software, or systems mgmt technologies helpful.
- Experience with merger and acquisition activities and processes preferred.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience in the IT field.