Information Technology: Req 5072—Operations Engineer (Oklahoma City, OK)
Picture yourself building a successful career at NetSuite—working alongside other talented, driven individuals to help fast-growing mid-size organizations and larger enterprises achieve their business goals with the world's #1 cloud-based business management suite for ERP/financials, CRM, ecommerce and more.
Founded in 1998 by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and NetSuite CTO and Chairman Evan Goldberg,
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is used by more than 16,000 companies and subsidiaries to run mission-critical operations without the high capital costs and inefficiency of antiquated client/server systems. Named by Gartner as the world's fastest-growing financial management vendor and winner of a prestigious 2011 CODiE award for Best Financial Management Solution, NetSuite is where business is going.
If you'd like to join our dynamic, driven and fun team, click on the Apply Now button below.
This position is for an Operations Engineer in the Engineering Operations group. The employee will have work assignments related to the management, automation, and expansion of our cloud environment. This role will include planning, developing, and implementing strategies to keep our infrastructure operational and scalable. This employee will be part of an on-call 24x7 rotation.
- Evaluate, install, debug, audit, maintain, and document Microsoft server farm
- Assist in managing the OS test, release, and deployment process
- Create and maintain server and application monitoring
- Automate configuration, monitoring, and asserting the state of production servers, network equipment, and storage through a template / image architecture
- Participate in a Change Management environment with the Operations technical team
- Be a part of an on-call rotation that does 24x7 monitoring, and be accessible via cell phone
- Take training courses that align with corporate objectives to bridge skill gaps and learn new relevant technologies
- Be able to work, collaborate, and communicate well in a team-based environment
- BA / BS Degree
- Strong knowledge and experience in scripting, automation, and architecture in large production server environments
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft server stack, including Active Directory, DFS Replication, and IIS
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft characteristics and limitations, including standard services, protocols, and applications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AWS and other cloud–based hosting providers.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems and solutions
- Ability to plan, document, install and effectively implement complex server software across heterogeneous server environments
- Ability to diagnose server and network problems effectively to resolve issues
- Ability to express oneself clearly and logically, both written and verbally, within a passionate technical team
- Ability to set goals and execute
Must Have Skills:
- Strong Windows shell scripting experience
- Strong Windows skills—architecture, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- DB environment
- Clear programming style in scripting
- Clear communication with cross-functional teams
- Detail–oriented, and ability to prioritize
- Results–oriented, capable problem solver, ambitious
Nice to Have Skills:
- Work experience in a UNIX environment
- Change Management experience
- AWS and other cloud–hosting environments
- Security Expertise; Storage Expertise; Performance Analysis, Scaling, Tuning