NetSuite Helps Tree of Life Overcome its Barriers to Growth, Reduces Complexity
"In one morning I deployed our four West Australia sites, on my own, remotely from Sydney. I don't know of any other system you can do that with. Using NetSuite has allowed us to concentrate on what's important, secure in the knowledge that NetSuite has created a strong and reliable system that minimises any input we need to have into that side of the operation."
—Krishnan Borthwick, IT Director, Tree of Life
Tree of Life, an Australian Retailer of fair trade clothing and accessories from developing countries, successfully rolled out NetSuite to 60+ retail locations to receive a consolidated view of their business.
- Real-time information available across all stores and the head office
- Greater insights into the business performance
- Reduced hardware requirements and eliminated ongoing upgrades and maintenance
- Eliminated the need for provision and maintenance of individual VPNs
- Gained the ability to remotely deploy new POS sites
- Training for a new site takes minutes and can be performed remotely.
- Maintaining a virtual private network (VPN) across so many sites was both complex and time consuming
- Managing the replication of data across sites took time and was a significant risk in terms of data integrity
- Rolling out software upgrades to 60 outlets spread nationwide was a significant logistic challenge
- No real-time information
- Head office lacked a way to centrally aggregate transactions from all branches
- Tree of Life needed a solution that would work in multiple time zones and with multiple currencies
- Switched from Microsoft SQL Server running Markinson Shopkeeper across individual VPNs
- Initial implementation included NetSuite financials, customer support, email and CRM
- Subsequently expanded to utilize NetSuite for all its point-of-sale needs
- 85 users run the entire business using NetSuite