TRAER Runs a Tight Ship in Helping Keep Oceans Clean with NetSuite.org
"With NetSuite, all our information is standardized and available in one place. To have a user-friendly system that can bring together every aspect of our company, from accounting, to clients and sales, to managing the waste stream, is a huge advantage. Now I can know in real time what is going on in every single port."
—Tratamiento Ecológico de Residuos (TRAER)
- NetSuite has given TRAER much greater visibility and control over its collection, recycling and environmentally responsible disposal of fuel sludge waste and garbage collected from cargo ships and cruise vessels
- Replacing Excel in early 2011, NetSuite enables TRAER to seamlessly manage waste operations at 12 ports in Mexico and one in Argentina
- Time to track and report on operations reduced from as much as a week with previous Excel processes to real time, on demand
- TRAER has virtually eliminated unproductive manual data management work with a single, integrated cloud solution to handle end-to-end business processes
- The B lab certified Corporation has recycled and responsibly disposed of 40,000 tons of fuel sludge waste and 5,000 tons of trash in the past four years; previously responsible waste management was difficult to be traced.
- Free and discounted licensing through the NetSuite.org corporate citizenship program helps this social enterprise channel resources into its environmental business
- NetSuite powers end-to-end sales orders, invoicing and management with 130 customers, including Maersk, MSC, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean and Disney Cruise Lines
- NetSuite provides a scalable platform for TRAER's plans to grow the business 60 percent in the near term, to service 800 ships a year in Mexico
- Single, authoritative data source on operations aids compliance with Mexican environmental regulations and International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, MARPOL 73/78.
- Founded in 2004, TRAER struggled with time-consuming, error-prone manual tasks in Excel to track complex operations and high materials volume at 13 ports
- Paper-based invoicing to customers slowed cash flow and introduced high administrative overhead
- Company didn't want an IT-heavy environment of on-premise software and servers to manage business processes
- After comparison against SAP, TRAER selected NetSuite for greater cloud maturity, ease of use and depth of functionality
- On-time, on-budget implementation in early 2011 with training by NetSuite Solution Provider partner NetSoft in Mexico City accelerated time to value
- Acceptance into the NetSuite.org corporate citizenship program frees resources to improve operations in a spirit of environmental sustainability