Personal Wine Advisor Soutirage Uncorks Business Success in the NetSuite Cloud
"From day one, we wanted an accessible cloud platform that could cover the full scope of the business based on the same data set. NetSuite gives us the ability to create truly meaningful and personal relationships with our clients by understanding their wine tastes and delivering an exceptional experience. If we didn't have NetSuite, we'd probably need twice as many people in the company."
- Based in Napa Valley, Calif., Soutirage launched its unique personal wine advisory business on NetSuite in 2007, providing tailored services to exclusive clientele.
- Soutirage relies on NetSuite for integrated financials, sales and purchase orders, inventory, forecasting, client relationship management and event management.
- NetSuite supports strong growth for the innovative company, with year-over-year revenue gains between 25 and 30 percent over six years.
- NetSuite's robust data management and search capabilities help Soutirage wine advisors make tailored, specific wine recommendations to clients based on occasions, meals, lifestyle, budget, purchase history and personal preferences.
- NetSuite CRM collects and manages all details of client purchasing and relationships, providing an essential knowledge base used by wine advisors to deliver an exceptional, personalized experience.
- Client dossiers are also utilized for wine cellar implementation and maintenance services, communicating with sommeliers and chefs for client restaurant reservations and holiday gift shopping.
- NetSuite data supports a custom-built application called Cellarbook, giving clients and Soutirage visibility into purchase history, pairings and bottles on hand at client premises or stored on behalf of the client by Soutirage.
- Cellarbook utilizes NetSuite data through integration between NetSuite and RedPrairie (formerly SmartTurn) warehousing and logistics software from JDA Software.
- When a client scans a QR code on a wine bottle when it’s consumed, system updates NetSuite records, providing insight into client taste and stock of a client's wine cellar.
- Anyone scanning a QR code on a wine bottle gives that person access to Soutirage Notes, which includes glassware recommendations and the opportunity to share information about that bottle or inquire about purchasing.
- Soutirage relies on customized NetSuite order management functionality to manage incoming and outgoing shipments, each of which requires signature upon delivery of valuable, temperature-sensitive cargo.
- Workflows in NetSuite helps ensure shipping process integrity, with multiple checks and balances for spot-on delivery and receipt.
- Given past experience with separate QuickBooks, Salesforce and Act! at other companies, Soutirage's founders didn't want to deal with the complexity and manual work of unintegrated, on-premise applications.
- The startup company needed a scalable solution for growth without the high capital costs or headaches of in-house software and servers.
- NetSuite selected as a cloud solution that could supply unified core financials, inventory and CRM functionality based on a single data set.
- Anywhere, anytime access to the NetSuite cloud was critical for Soutirage's mobile wine advisors traveling to client locations around the world.
- NetSuite Advanced Projects helps Soutirage manage details of client events, receptions, restaurant reservations, wine cellar building and other projects.