Producer of Synthetic Motor Oils Founded in 1839 Saves $100,000 Annually on Programming Costs Alone
"We were becoming a big company, but we couldn't afford a big, integrated ERP system. With NetSuite our competitive advantage is strengthened."
—Will Gregerson, CFO, Schaeffer Manufacturing Company
- Web-based software strengthens Schaeffer's competitive advantage
- Have gone from 85 mil to 130 mil in sales (53% increase) with no additional staffing needs in customer service, order entry or accounting
- Customer shipping time improved by 25% and are processed within 15 minutes versus days with more accuracy
- Use of EDI order entry grew from 30% to 70% of orders
- 95% of orders are processed through EDI, significantly increasing efficiency
- Yearly cost savings of $100,000 for programming and $14,000 for paper costs.
- Company growth march to $100 million in sales outpaced its 25-year-old fragmented AS/400-based proprietary system
- Cumbersome manual processes slowed customer shipments
- Larger customers were requesting automated order and payment methods
- Faced with buying an expensive ERP system or a collection of applications Schaeffer would have to integrate.
- Chose NetSuite over SAP BusinessOne and Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Using NetSuite for accounting, order mgmt., purchasing, inventory, and CRM
- Entire order-to-shipment process integrated and automated, with help of OzLINK with NetSuite
- Easier to offer EDI and EFT because NetSuite automates the processes.