NetSuite Helps Auto-Equipment Retailer Pioneer New Online Business Model
"In our industry it might take a week or two to ship a two-thousand-pound car lift to a customer, but with NetSuite we can make most of our shipments in just two to three days. That's a tremendous competitive advantage."
—Greg Smith Equipment Sales
- Company has experienced double-digit growth while freeing up 10% of IT staff time since bringing in NetSuite
- Heavy-equipment shipping time has improved by 25%, with most products shipping in 2 days
- Average order-to-cash cycle times have improved by 25%, costs shipping costs have been reduced by 10%
- Cloud-based integration of technical product data has improved callback response to customer inquiries by 75% on average, from 2 hours to just 30 minutes
- Customers now get a single invoice, even when products are shipped from multiple locations
- Real-time visibility into inventory data and NetSuite's browser access has made it possible for Greg Smith to add a road-sales initiative—with ability to make instant sales—to its online business model
- Visibility into warehouse inventories also lets Greg Smith shift heavy-equipment stock among locations in response to emergency or ad-hoc sales opportunities.
- Online pioneer in auto-service equipment sales wanted to build competitive advantage by improving shipping and service performance
- Limited business software made it difficult to coordinate inventory management among the company's 6 US warehouses, resulting in slowed shipments and some missed sales
- Multiple invoices, necessary for orders shipped from different warehouses, were cumbersome and confusing to some customers.
- Greg Smith replaced six instances of QuickBooks Enterprise with NetSuite for financials/ERP, CRM, and Ecommerce
- NetSuite partner Explore Consulting helping integrate new Website with up-to-the-minute inventory status from Greg Smith's US warehouses
- NetSuite's dashboard now lets management analyze and optimize per-store profits, expenses, and hour-by-hour resource utilization.