glassybaby Streamlines Multi-Channel B2C/B2B Business with NetSuite for Retail Solution
"NetSuite is a very complete system that’s easily adaptable to a wide range of operations. It’s simple to maintain and scalable as you grow. We’re able to access sales data very quickly, and that’s a powerful tool for production planning."
- NetSuite has streamlined business operations for hand-blown votive candle holder manufacturer and retailer founded in the late 1990s by cancer survivor and award-winning entrepreneur Lee Rhodes
- NetSuite provides scalability for business growth to $7 million in 2012 sales, with 10% of profits donated to cancer-related charitable organizations (more than $1.25 million in donations since 2003)
- NetSuite Retail Anywhere point-of-sale (POS) processes transactions and captures customer information for B2C sales at three brick-and-mortar stores in the Seattle area
- Implementation of NetSuite SuiteCommerce platform targeted for Q2 2013 will give glassybaby a single set of customer records across ecommerce and in-store touchpoints
- NetSuite supports continued expansion of B2B sales, with glassybaby products sold at more than 50 gift shops, restaurants and boutiques in the U.S.
- NetSuite Light Manufacturing module supports craftsmanship and production of 175,000 glassybabys a year in more than 400 colors at Seattle facility
- Real-time and historical data improves glassybaby’s ability to scale the business to meet seasonal demand spikes during the November-December holiday season
- QuickBooks lacked scalability needed for growing company, with manual data entry required between disparate systems
- glassybaby had difficulties aligning manufacturing production to demand because of data delays, manual processes and lack of systems interoperability
- Variety of POS systems for in-store sales over the years proved problematic at store level and in data movement to accounting system
- glassybaby chose NetSuite cloud technology to avoid large capital investments in software and servers and ongoing IT maintenance and upgrades to an on-premise solution
- Phased self-implementation of NetSuite solution enabled small company to gradually adopt cloud technologies to suit its business needs
- NetSuite Retail Anywhere POS chosen for robust in-store functionality and real-time bi-directional data integration with NetSuite, powering multi-channel sales from a single data source.