NetSuite Helps Online Retailer Cut Costs While Growing at 25% Yearly
"We went with NetSuite rather than adding separate applications, and we're glad we did. NetSuite's integration has helped us streamline and organize the company so we don't have to worry about growing the business."
—A Brief Affair
- A Brief Affair is now growing at 25% per year, while saving $70,000 yearly over the cost of a comparable server-based system
- Integrated order processing saves $60,000 yearly over the previous system by reducing the company's manual workload by 1 full-time equivalent
- Real-time inventory visibility saves another full-time equivalent, or about $50,000 yearly, over the previous system
- The company has cut order-to-cash cycle times from 3 days to just 1 day because NetSuite's strong credit card verification features helped A Brief Affair negotiate better terms with credit card processors
- Real-time access to customer information helps customer-support staff handle queries on the spot, a competitive advantage for a high-end, customer-centric business like A Brief Affair
- NetSuite's ability to track orders by product and country is helping the company grow international business by targeting promotions according to regional tastes and trends
- A home-based startup wanted to take advantage of the growth potential for marketing European and designer fashions and lingerie online
- Limited accounting software and manual order processing were unable to handle the expected growth in products and customers
- The company decided to integrate business processes rather than buying separate applications for CRM, shopping-cart, and credit-card processing
- NetSuite partner Business Solution Partners managed NetSuite's implementation, configuration and training, and works with the company to turn on new functionality as appropriate
- NetSuite management dashboards display real-time KPIs for tracking everything from sales and inventory levels to website performance and customer satisfaction
- NetSuite delivers an automatic alert if an online order is disrupted so management can send a follow-up email to the customer
- NetSuite employs credit-card verification and other security functions via integrated tools from partner CyberSource Corp.